In addition, it adds in one new feature: if a link definition contains an ampersand, it will be converted to the HTML & entity, in order to help the page to validate. This only occurs if they are not already presented in that way. Authors can now merely copy-and-paste the URLs into their link definitions and not have to worry about HTML escaping there. Avoiding these sort of issues is the whole point of EtText, so I feel that this feature fits in with the intention of the project.
The full list of changes is as follows:
- Applied Dirk Husemann's patch to fix problem with mixing different styles of links (EtText2HTML).
- Fixed problem of link definitions immediately following lists messing up the lists (EtText2HTML).
- Removed deprecated <a name="foo"> tags in favour of adding ``id'' attributes to header tags. This also avoids the issue noted by Ralph Pape regarding the placement of inline tags inside block tags.
- <blockquote> tags now contain paragraphs, to pass the XHTML validator.
- Ampersands in link definitions are converted to &, unless they're there already.